This position has closed.
Job Announcement: Program Coordinator
Help us fight for swimmable, fishable, and drinkable waters for California communities and ecosystems!
California Coastkeeper Alliance (CCKA) serves as a statewide voice for Waterkeeper organizations to advocate for swimmable, fishable, and drinkable waters. CCKA and Waterkeepers work together to develop, implement, and defend policies that meet the needs of California’s communities and ecosystems. CCKA advances local Waterkeepers’ water and oceans priorities using law, policy, science, partnerships, and creative communications to influence Sacramento decision-makers.
CCKA seeks an organized, dynamic Program Coordinator to support and coordinate CCKA programs and operations and its member Waterkeepers. The Program Coordinator will support the ongoing implementation of programs and partnerships that strengthen coastal, ocean, and water laws, policies, and investments. The Program Coordinator will track, coordinate, and support the work of CCKA staff as well as local Waterkeepers to ensure that joint work is integrated and effective. The position is based in the Bay Area or Sacramento and reports to the Executive Director.
This position requires strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to juggle multiple tasks, and a willingness to work remotely with a diverse and fast-paced team.
Support & Coordination
- Plan and execute Board and Board Committee meetings, Board communications, California Waterkeeper retreats, and other special events.
- Organize and facilitate calls, meetings, and manage event logistics for CCKA, Waterkeepers, and numerous coalitions. Facilitate effective project management by developing agendas and materials, taking meeting notes and tracking action items.
- Communicate regularly with local Waterkeeper lawyers, scientists, and communications staff to monitor local victories, identify support needs, and foster collaboration between Waterkeepers.
- Develop and disseminate digital media and social media content, work with staff and Waterkeepers to draft blogs and website content, and track news and email lists.
- Work with contractors on design elements like letterheads, coordinate calendars and schedule meetings, organize logos and fact sheets, maintain email databases, and manage IT needs.
Financial & Fundraising Management
- Track grants, maintain development calendar, and keep the Executive Director and staff apprised of upcoming grant deadlines.
- Prepare grant proposals and reports and develop necessary financial and supplementary documents for funding applications and reporting.
- Serve as bookkeeper using Quickbooks to issue checks, payroll, and tax filings. Manage bank-related issues and transactions, resolve any financial issues that arise, and oversee biannual audits.
- Assist with preparation of an annual budget, monitor and administer the adopted budget, and track the financial status of the organization through quarterly reports.
- Process and track monthly hours, reimbursements, and reconciliations.
Must have two to four years of experience in the public, private or non-profit sector as an accounts or operations manager, or in a role with financial and/or project management duties. Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational, and management skills essential. Bookkeeping and financial management experience, or willingness to learn, is essential. Knowledge of and passion for California environmental issues is a plus.
Desired personal qualities include: sense of humor, creativity, strong public service orientation, high energy level, strong persuasive ability, facilitation capabilities, persistence, and excellent organization and time management skills. Experience in coalition management or coordination is strongly preferred.
CCKA is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. CCKA offers competitive salaries based on a non-profit scale and commensurate with experience. This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area or Sacramento.