Join us this Saturday at one of over 900 locations for the state’s largest volunteer event, Coastal Cleanup Day. In 2015, more than 68,000 volunteers removed nearly 1,143,000 pounds of trash and recyclables from California’s beaches, lakes, and waterways.
California Waterkeepers will be out this weekend making the sand sparkle at your favorite beach. Find out how you can help on Saturday, and make a difference all year-round.
- Paddle To Indian Island with Humboldt Baykeeper
- Win Big at Yuba River Cleanathon
- Choose Between 29 Sites in Russian River Cleanup
- Join Baykeeper in San Francisco
- Dive into Santa Barbara Channelkeeper’s Aquathon
- SCUBA with LA Waterkeeper
- Get Creative with Orange County Coastkeeper
- Get Outside Saturday or Monthly with San Diego Coastkeeper
Read more about how trash wrecks more than just your day at the beach.
Latest posts by Lola Dvorak (see all)
- Hit the Beach for Coastal Cleanup Day - September 14, 2017
- Recognizing Excellence in the California Waterkeeper Movement - August 11, 2017
- Lawsuit Asserts Water Boards Failed to Protect Clean Water from Agricultural Pollution - August 8, 2017